Grade Separation of Road and Rail
September 08, 2016
Murray Thompson MP, Member for Sandringham advises that options for grade separation of road and rail at Balcombe Road Mentone, Charman Road Cheltenham and Park Road Cheltenham have been released by the government.
Links to the proposed works are as follows:- https://your.levelcrossings.vic.gov.au/mentone
Public consultation sessions will be held by the Level Crossing Removal Authority as follows:-
• Tuesday 4th October 2016, 6.30pm – 9.30 pm at Kilbreda College, 118 Mentone Parade, Mentone
• Friday 7th October 2016, 5.30pm – 8.30 pm at Kilbreda College, 118 Mentone Parade, Mentone
Mr Thompson invites City of Bayside and City of Kingston constituents to convey to his office their preferred options for the works being undertaken.
Other issues in relation to the forthcoming works include:-
• just compensation for the compulsory acquisition of property,
• the availability of information regarding environmental impacts pertaining to noise
• impact on small businesses as a result of significant disruption to shopping centre precincts during the construction process
• Heritage value of the Mentone and Cheltenham station buildings
• possible car parking opportunities over railway cutting.
• Case study descriptions of financial hardship of small businesses impacted by rail works in Ormond and Bentleigh etc.
It is important that the government seeks to address future demand for parking provision to accommodate the significant increase in railway commuter patronage as a result of population growth.
Mr Thompson welcomes any comments and advises that they can be forwarded to him via email:
or posted to his office;
Suite 3, 56-60 Bay Road Sandringham 3191.
Murray Thompson will also be in attendance at the Community Information Sessions outlined above. He is also happy to meet on site. Arrangements can be made through his electorate office on 9598 2688.